This unaccompanied advanced work for divisi mixed chorus is a traditional Ukrainian folksong arranged by J. David Moore. A detailed pronunciation guide follows.
1. I would take a bandura*, tune it and play,
so that the voice of the song soared to the heavens.
2. Over the plains and forests and the fields of flowers,
hey, let our song fly into the far reaches of the world.
3. Our song would fly, the dream of my childhood,
and where there is a mistrust would carry a new call of life.
4. Our song would fly, hey this beautiful cherry blossom,
sweet as a dream, burning as the flame.
5. And where it would touch with the very edges of its wings,
there joy would flow into saddened hearts.
*The Ukrainian national instrument: a cross between a lute and a harp with between 20 and 65 strings.
Medium Adv Adult